Performance Lubricants for Smooth-Running Electric Motors
Electric motors are used in a wide range of applications, which includes powering machinery in industrial operations, running household appliances, and performing essential functions in automobiles.
No matter the application, electric motors must perform without failure, breakdown, or disruptive downtime. In industrial settings, electric motor failure means production processes are halted, potentially leading to lost revenue and missed deadlines. In consumer settings, electric motor failure renders the product unusable and can lead to significant safety issues.
Krytox™ greases and oils have been proven to eliminate premature motor failure associated with bearing lubrication. By diminishing the need for relubrication, Krytox™ lubricants may allow for:
- Avoidance of extra manpower and additional relubrication equipment
- Reduced life cycle costs by preventing downtime due to motor lubricant failure
- Extended motor life to meet increasing warranty periods
Krytox™ High-Performance Lubricants Increase the Life Cycles of Electric Motor Bearings
Many electric motor failures can be traced back to problems with bearings, making proper lubrication critically important to a motor’s life and reliability. Krytox™ greases and oils do not oxidize, meaning deposits that can affect bearing life are prevented from forming, and their enhanced film-forming ability decreases wear on bearings.
Krytox™ lubricants are:
- Nonflammable and offer extremely high tolerance to heat and chemicals
- Capable of providing twice the lubrication film thickness to help protect bearing surfaces
- Chemically inert, with oxidative stability
- Resistant to corrosion and rust during storage and in wet environments
- Not miscible with steam and water
- Free of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chlorinated materials