The Efficiency of a Seal Depends on the Lubricant
Properly functioning seals enable the efficient operation of pumps, compressors, engines, and other pressurized equipment. Seals are also needed in weatherproofing applications, including automotive sunroofs.
Whether a seal is static or dynamic, Krytox™ high-performance lubricants provide the barrier integrity necessary for superior performance, even when in contact with damaging fluids or gases. Krytox™ high-performance lubricants can also be matched to a seal’s operating temperature and chemical environment. This means seals made from any material, in any environment, can be optimized to work efficiently for specific use cases.
Longer Seal Life with Krytox™ High-Performance Lubricants
Lubricants must retain their properties over the life of a seal. If a grease or oil loses its lubricity, the seal will be damaged, or even break, and will need to be serviced or replaced.
Krytox™ performance lubricants have longer-lasting life thanks to their many best-in-class properties. Other benefits of using Krytox™ performance lubricants for seal lubricant applications include:
- Broad elastomeric compatibility
- Extremely high tolerance to heat
- Resistance to acidic or caustic cleaners and disinfectants, steam, and moisture
- Chemically and biologically inert and silicone-free
- Minimal environmental footprint; no damage to the atmosphere or ozone layer
- No order or outgassing as they have no volatile organic compound (VOC) materials or chlorine